Thank you for working with us as we do our best to help slow down the transmission of the virus in our communities. Given the current local impact of COVID-19, we are making the following changes, recommendations, and updates for the remainder of the 2020 cookie program:
1. Cookie Booth Sales: Effective immediately, we are suspending all booth sales.
2. Events: GSNYPENN is postponing all council events and programs until April 1, at which time we shall share an updated calendar with options for participation. Please comply with all local regulations and postpone or reschedule any planned troop events in accordance with CDC recommendations.
We strongly recommend volunteers suspend any and all local Service Unit/troop activities—including troop meetings, camporees and any other events or gatherings through April 1 and then reevaluate based on local conditions.
Please note that all Girl Scout event insurance remains in effect as before. However, keep in mind that this is liability insurance and will cover injuries resulting from an accident. Girl Scout insurance does not cover healthcare or illness.
3. Extension of Cookie Program: We will extend cookie season in order to allow girls, troops, and families to finish the program in a way that they feel comfortable. At this point, the 2020 program is extended through Friday, May 1.
4. Digital Cookie (DOC): At the request of fellow volunteers, we have extended girl delivery through the DOC to Friday, May 1. Girls/families may consider contacting their customers and dropping off cookies at doorsteps at an agreed upon time.
We are also implementing a discount for customers who wish to have their cookies shipped to them. The change must be made by GSUSA. When it is ready to go, we will notify you. This change gives an extra incentive for customers to purchase from girls from the safety of their homes and does not require an in-person sale or delivery.
No shipping discount for 7 or fewer boxes
8-9 boxes, get $5.00 off shipping
10-11 boxes, get $7.00 off shipping
Buy or donate any 12 boxes, get up to $10.00 off shipping
5. Remove Cookie Booths in eBudde: We are working with Little Brownie Baker to remove all scheduled cookie booth locations in eBudde.
6. Cookie Cupboards Closed: Council cupboards will be closed until April 1. We will consolidate inventory from local cupboards starting next week.
7. Important 2020 Cookie Program Closeout Dates: We have changed the dates of the program and will proceed as scheduled:
March 16: 50% of all girl order payments from Initial Order are due
April 13: 50% of current outstanding balance is due
April 20: If you’ve continued to participate, 50% of current outstanding balance is due
April 28: Last day for troops to update girl reward selection in eBudde (by 11:59 p.m.), reference page 31 in your Cookie Manual for Volunteers
April 30: Parent collections due
May 1: Digital Cookie closes, girl delivery ends, program officially ends
May 4: Final ACH payment withdrawal for any remaining balance due to GSNYPENN
Early June: Rewards will ship
8. Cookie Program Reward Experiences: This year, we offered two new reward experiences to girls. In an effort to reduce contamination, Broadway has suspended shows through April 12. Many businesses who serve customers in the skin care area have suspended live experiences where customers touch their faces. We intend to deliver the Lush and Broadway experience as promised and will keep you informed when we can confirm details.
We will continue to take all possible and appropriate measures to ensure girls continue to have a safe, fun, one-of-a-kind experience with their sister Girl Scouts. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we all do our part to limit community transmission of coronavirus in New York and Pennsylvania.
Q: If a troop is concerned about sales decreases in their communities, can cookies be returned?
A: The option to end sales is to address the health-related concerns of troops and families and is not intended as a safeguard against decreased sales. GSNYPENN continues to review public health recommendations and will provide any new updates, should they come to light. Troops can hold on to some inventory for friends and family sales. However, the packages kept with the troop will remain the financial responsibility of the troop/family and cannot be returned at a later date.
Q: Will delivery of cookies to our Sweet Support partner, Meals on Wheels, continue as planned?
A: At this time, we do not have dates scheduled for the delivery of the donated cookies. We intend to deliver on our promise and will work with troops selected to meet with local MOW representatives in May.