Q: When can my daughter join Girl Scouts?
We offer programs for grades K through 12. Your daughter can join
Girl Scouts as a Daisy (grades K-1), Girl Scout Brownie (grades 2-3),
Girl Scout Junior (grades 4-5), Girl Scout Cadette (grades 6-8), Girl
Scout Senior (grades 9-10), or Girl Scout Ambassador (grades
Girls may join the organization all year long. If a girl would like to join council activities and participate in earning badges at her own pace, she may join as a Juliette (Independently Registered Member.)
We also welcome adult members (moms & dads) all year long!
Q: How much does it cost to join?
An annual membership is $25.
There are additional materials your girl may require, such as uniforms and insignia, Journey books, and any fees for activities your troop may want to participate in. Financial assistance is available so that every girl can benefit from the Girl Scout experience.
Q: I want my child to have the very best Girl Scout experience. How can I help make this possible?
There are many ways for parents and caregivers to help their girl. Start by being an active participant in your daughter’s Girl Scout experience:
- Share any special skills or resources you have with your daughter’s leader so you can share them with the girls in your daughter’s group.
- Speak with your daughter’s leader about registering as an adult helper.
- Volunteer! Your participation can be tailored not only to meet your interests but your schedule as well.
- Volunteers are needed to drive, participate on hiking and camping trips, teach girls skills, travel with girls, assist with the Cookie Program with Cookie Cupboards or booth sales, volunteer at the State Fair STEM booth, volunteer with Derby races, and so much more!
- There are many ways you as an adult family member can be involved with your daughter’s troop, or on the community, or council level -- just let us know you are interested and we'll put you to work!
For more information, check out our Family Guide to Girl Scouts.
Still have questions? Contact us.