Parent Resources for Summer Camp
Getting ready for summer camp is an exciting time for you and your camper—but we know it can be stressful, too! Here are several resources you’ll need to help prepare for your camp adventure this summer.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFO:
- Per NYS Department of Health (DoH) code, resident campers are REQUIRED to submit 1 of the following pieces of documentation during check-in on their first day of camp and will be administered a screening questionnaire and temperature check upon arrival.
- For anyone attending Day Camp at Hoover, Troop Core, mini sessions at Comstock and Trefoil, or any overnight camp program operating for less than 72 hours: a test is NOT REQUIRED prior to participating. Attendees will still be screened upon arrival and during the session.
- All resident campers must receive a negative diagnostic test result for COVID-19 using an FDA-approved or DoH-authorized polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or other nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) of comparable analytical sensitivity performance that was performed on a specimen (i.e., swab) collected within 72 hours or arrival at camp. This can be a saliva swab test, as long as it is a PCR test.
- As an alternative to the testing requirement, campers and adults/staff may provide proof of having completed the COVID-19 vaccination series at least 14 days prior to the date of arrival at camp or documentation of laboratory confirmed COVID-19 in the previous 3 months.
- To minimize potential exposure, throughout the 10 days prior to camp arrival (including while awaiting PCR results) unvaccinated campers, adults/staff should be monitored for symptoms of COVID-19, wear a face covering when in public, maintain social distancing, and should avoid extended periods in public, contact with strangers, and large congregate settings.
- You must have 1 of these 3 qualifying documents IN-HAND when you drop your camper off on their first day of resident camp, or your camper MAY NOT be dropped off.
- Not sure where to find a test? Follow this link or check with your child’s pediatrician. Testing done by NYS is free of charge.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Need additional assistance? Contact our Customer Engagement team at 1.855.213.8555 or email@example.com. We’re here to help!