Hoover Adventure Center is home to our council’s only Day Camp experience. Conveniently close to Syracuse, our Day Camp offers girls ages 5-10 programming in slingshots, archery, BB guns, swimming, boating, arts & crafts, STEM and outdoor living skills. Girls are placed in units by age. Counselors stay with the unit all week.
A day at Hoover starts with camper drop off at 9 a.m. Girls then participate in four, one-hour program blocks each day, plus lunch and an all-camp activity. Pick up is at 4 p.m., with a brief meeting for staff afterwards. Camp week runs Monday-Friday. Staff return home for the night, except for a select few who will stay for Thursday overnights each week.
- Administrative Staff: June 26-August 4, 2019
- Counselor Staff: July 1-August 4, 2019
- Staff will be asked to work at least one weekend over the course of the summer
Positions and Age Requirements:
- Program Manager: Minimum age 18
- Waterfront Manager: Minimum age 21
- Shooting Sport Coordinator: Minimum age 18
- Arts & Crafts Coordinator: Minimum age 18
- Outdoor Education
Coordinator: Minimum age 18
- Counselor: Minimum age 18
- Lifeguard with Counselor Duties: Minimum age 16
- Junior Counselor: Minimum age 16