This section will help you access information on learning opportunities and publications. The Forms sections available on left includes forms that you might not find on other pages of this website.
The following is just a partial listing of items that will help you be successful in your volunteer role. Your Community Development Manager or the Director of Community Development can help you secure needed documents.
Song Leading Workshops
Use the below links to learn how to lead songs for Girl Scout Daisies and Brownies. We hope it is helpful and encouraging to those of you who aren’t familiar with Girl Scout songs, those who may not be comfortable trying to sing with your young Girl Scouts, or those who simply enjoy the fun and fellowship that singing brings.
Here are some ideas for getting girls started on a Journey.
This is the basic handbook for all volunteers in GSNYPENN, regardless of your role.
This course is an upbeat, interactive program that gives the learner multiple means of working through disagreements to create a stronger project, partnership, or team. Created by and for people involved in the Girl Scout movement, some of the topics are:
- Definition of “Conflict”
- 5 Whys
- Differences in the way the two genders (generally) handle conflict
- Guidelines on deciding when intervention is necessary
- Conflict Styles—5 styles all of which are appropriate sometimes
- Taking care of your own “mood elevator”
Whether you’re an outdoors expert (or the furthest thing from it), you can learn practical tips and tricks, read other volunteers’ stories, and explore the joys of taking girls outside with Venture Out!, a fun, interactive “outdoor” adventure made possible by GSUSA’s Elliott Wildlife Values Project.
Blue Book of Basic Documents
These are basic documents that define the Girl Scout movement and organization. This book contains:
- The Constitution of Girl Scout of the USA
- The Bylaws of Girl Scouts of the USA
- Policies of Girl Scouts of the USA
- Criteria and Standards for an Effective Girl Scout Council
- Congressional Charter of Girl Scouts of the USA